Since 1988, the holidays have been a little brighter in Columbia because of Festival of Trees. Each November, the tremendous efforts of hundreds of volunteers, donors and sponsors bring Festival of Trees to the community. Funds raised through the event create new and enhance existing programs and services that benefit Palmetto Health Children’s Hospital.
The 28th Festival of Trees will be Nov. 17-19 at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center in Columbia, S.C. The event kicks off on Friday, Nov. 17 with the auction preview, and family-friendly holiday cheer continues through the weekend.
Friday, Nov. 17: Auction Preview
Join us for a magical evening at the Festival of Trees auction preview. You’ll enjoy delicious food and drinks, watch festive holiday entertainment and even visit with Old St. Nick. Guests will have the first opportunity to bid on fabulous holiday gifts and exquisite holiday decor, from snow-frosted wreaths adorned with holly to shimmering trees garnished with golden tinsel. Kick off the holiday season in Columbia by supporting Palmetto Health Children’s Hospital.
- Friday, Nov. 17, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Black tie attire
- Reservations are $125/person and are available now.
More information about the evening's events can be found here.
REMINDER: Winning bidders must pick up their items by 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 19, at Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center. Pick-up will not be available on Monday, Nov. 20.
Saturday, Nov. 18: Santa & Me
Santa & Me schedule
- 10 a.m. to noon Face Painting
- 10 a.m. to noon The Magic of John Tudor
- 10 a.m. to noon LED Holiday Card Activity, South Carolina State Museum
- 10 a.m. to noon Holiday reading and storytelling corner
- 10 a.m. to noon Children’s games and activities
- 11 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. South Carolina Cinderella Singers
Sunday, Nov. 19
Festival of Trees features decorated trees, wreaths, stockings and other items that are up for bid during a weekend-long silent auction. Hundreds of families come from across the Midlands to enjoy the holiday cheer as well as wonderful activities and entertainment.
- Sunday, Nov. 19, noon to 4 p.m.
- Weekend admission is $2/person or $5/family (for up to four people). Children 12 and under get in free.
- Entertainment includes local choirs, dance groups, visits with Santa and area mascots.
- Noon to 4 p.m. Face Painting
- Noon to 4 p.m. Kids Holiday craft
- Noon to 4 p.m. Holiday reading and storytelling corner
- Noon to 4 p.m. Children’s games and activities
- 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m. Dance World
- 1 p.m. Mascot Madness Parade
- 2 to 2:45 p.m. Columbia City Jazz
- 2:45 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Southern Strutt
- 3:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Goins Dancing